If you’re trying to find a nursery or pre-school, one of the most important aspects to consider as a parent is whether there are robust policies in place. Policies are crucial in the effective management of our day nursery and pre-school. They form the code of conduct for all staff and they are available for all parents to see.
What’s more, we believe our policies are ‘working’ documents. Our policies are reviewed regularly by the management team and the board of directors, in consultation with our children, parents and staff.
Our Safeguarding policies ensure:
- each child is nurtured, safe and protected whilst in our care.
- stringent selection procedures for the appointment of staff which includes enhanced DBS checks.
- all staff attend safeguarding training on a regular basis and we have three nominated Safeguarding Officers.
Our Health and Safety policies ensure:
- regular risk assessments are carried out to recognise and reduce possible risks.
- the building, fixtures, fittings and equipment are maintained to the highest standard in accordance with statutory laws, guidelines and regulations.
- regular cleaning of all areas as well as toys and equipment to minimise risk of infection.
- there is continued training in all areas of emergency procedures such as first aid, fire evacuations, and food and hygiene safety.
Our Education and well-being policies ensure:
- all aspects of the EYFS framework are incorporated into the education and care of each child.
- children make the optimum progress in communication, language and literacy.
- we promote physical, mental and emotional health leading to healthy lifestyles.
- we value diversity and promote equality.
- we are supportive of children with special educational needs.
- food and nutrition are provided to the highest standards catering for specific dietary needs.
- comments and complaints are documented and actioned thoroughly.
- we involve parents in providing for each child’s individual needs.